Tips for Selling Your Home – Summer
With the hot weather under way, cottages ready, and the school year ending, we are excited for summer 2016! If your goal this season is to sell your home, take advantage of the warm weather to showcase the outdoor/exterior areas, which can be overlooked during the colder seasons.
Summer Selling Tips
- Highlight your outdoor areas. This is your outdoor space’s chance to shine. Clean your deck, porch, patio or outdoor kitchen, and repaint or make repairs if necessary. No deck? Arrange chairs or outdoor furniture in your yard to create the illusion of an outdoor room. Make necessary repairs to your home’s exterior, including your siding and windows.
- Play up the pool. A pool is a huge selling point during the sweltering days of summer. Keep yours clean and debris-free, and create a seating area near the pool where buyers can imagine themselves floating through the cool water.
- Spruce up your landscaping. Make sure your lawn and flower beds aren’t languishing in the summer heat. Add pops of color to your entryway with potted plants.
- Add value and security with lighting. Frame your walkways and driveways with lights for a stylish touch.
- Don’t skimp on the air conditioning. House hunters will want to escape the heat so make sure your home is nice and cool. Set the thermostat at a comfortable level, so it doesn’t feel like an ice box either.
- Provide refreshments. Even though you likely won’t be home for a showing, greet buyers like you would party guests. During the dog days of summer, set out a cool pitcher of lemonade for buyers. Anything you can do to make them linger a little longer can only help you sell
If considering selling your home this Summer/Fall, and need some help or advise, please contact us or Christine Ng, Broker, Royal Lepage Signature firstname.lastname@example.org